Led Zeppelin

Un forum sur le grand groupe qu'est Led Zeppelin.

AccueilPortailDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ ...
Voir le deal

MONTROSE

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

Groupe préféré : THIN LIZZY / LED ZEPPELIN / BLACK SABBATH /DEEP PURPLE / AC/DC / WHITESNAKE / UFO

MONTROSE Empty
MessageSujet: MONTROSE   MONTROSE EmptyMer 22 Avr - 15:32

Montrose, c'est le premier groupe dans lequel Sammy hagar fit une apparition sur disque, en 1973. Un groupe de Hard américain donc, avec Ronnie Montrose à la guitare. Le groupe enregistra deux albums avec Hagar : Montrose en 73 et Paper Money en 74, suite à quoi Sammy Hagar tira sa révérence. Montrose sortit deux autres albums avant de se séparer, Ronnie Montrose ne sortant plus que des disques sous son nom (ou avec Gamma, il y en eut 4).

Discographie :

Montrose en 1973.
Paper Money en 1974.
Warner Bros. Presents... Montrose! en 1975.
Jump on It en 1976.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://led-zeppelin.forumsactifs.com
Woodie-Mule
Tangerine
Tangerine
Woodie-Mule

Groupe préféré : led zep - cream - gov't mule

MONTROSE Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MONTROSE   MONTROSE EmptyJeu 23 Avr - 17:52

Le premier est un disque à avoir obligatoirement dans toutes discothèques
A noter que ronie Montrose a toujours été un super guitariste .
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

Groupe préféré : THIN LIZZY / LED ZEPPELIN / BLACK SABBATH /DEEP PURPLE / AC/DC / WHITESNAKE / UFO

MONTROSE Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MONTROSE   MONTROSE EmptyMer 4 Avr - 15:45

Un mystère semble entourer les causes de la mort de Ronnie Montrose. La police va procéder à une enquête complémentaire :

Police confirm guitar icon Ronnie Montrose’s death is still under investigation – after fans believed he’d been victim in cancer battle.

Report by Martin Kielty

The tragic death of Ronnie Montrose is still under investigation, police have revealed to Classic Rock – despite fans’ belief that the 64-year-old last month lost his battle against cancer.

The guitar legend, who worked with artists including Sammy Hagar, Van Morrison and Edgar Winter, passed away on March 3.

He had been fighting prostate cancer for several years, and fans assumed the killer disease ended his life. Their belief was reinforced by a carefully worded statement from his official website – although Montrose himself had recently said his cancer was in remission, and unlikely to return.

Now police officers, investigating the incident in Brisbane, San Mateo County, California, have admitted it’s not an open-and-shut case – and they’ve refused to reveal further details, pending a coroner’s inquest.

Responding to a Classic Rock inquiry, Jeannette Maldonado of Brisbane Police said: “This department has received your request for a copy of the report involving Mr Ronnie Montrose.

“This case is still under investigation, pending the coroner’s report, and is not available for release.”

A straightforward coroner’s autopsy, when cause of death is known or strongly suspected, can take between two and six hours to complete.

After Montrose’s death at the beginning of March, his official website released a statement saying: “A few months ago we held a surprise party for Ronnie’s 64th birthday. He gave an impromptu speech, and told us that after a long life, filled with joy and hardship, he didn’t take any of our love for granted. He passed today. He’d battled cancer, and staved off old age for long enough.

“True to form, he chose his own exit the way he chose his own life.”

In August 2011 Montrose told Modbee.com: “I had prostate cancer, that for me was debilitating. I didn’t touch a guitar for two years, but when I realised I was seeing the light at the end of the recovery tunnel, and was going to live pain-free, I realised again that it was a fun little instrument to play.

“I’ve blocked all my health issues out of my mind. That’s a portion of my life that I’m done with.”

Ronald Douglas Montrose, who built a reputation as both musician and producer, was born in San Francisco in 1947. He grew up in Colorado, learning guitar, before leaving home at the age of 16 to pursue his dream of becoming a professional musician.

His big break came in 1971 when Van Morrison hired him to play on his album Tupelo Honey. He went on to perform with Boz Scaggs and the Edgar Winter Group, then formed Montrose with future Van Halen frontman Sammy Hagar in 1973. The band released five albums with various line-ups until 1987. Montrose also released eight albums under his own name, along with four as a member of experimental outfit Gamma.

Last year he discussed the possibility of reuniting with Hagar, who now fronts Chickenfoot, saying: “We may do a reunion show for fun – and at this point in our lives it would just be for fun.”

Source : Classic Rock
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

MONTROSE Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MONTROSE   MONTROSE EmptyMer 11 Avr - 16:42

A priori, Ronnie Montrose se serait suicidé suite à une longue dépression.

Police report confirms guitar icon Ronnie Montrose’s death was nothing to do with cancer battle – but may have been related to depression.

Report: Martin Kielty

Officials investigating the death of Ronnie Montrose have confirmed he committed suicide by shooting himself.

Classic Rock recently reported that police in San Mateo County, where Montrose lived, had been unable to release details of his passing on March 3 because the investigation wasn’t straightforward.

Now the county’s coroner’s office has released a report stating he died as a result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. He was more than four times over the legal alcohol limit when he pulled the trigger.

Montrose had suffered from clinical depression for much of his life. The deaths of his uncle and dog within weeks of each other are understood to have been factors in his decision to commit suicide.

An official statement from his friends and family says: “We hope you can understand why we wanted to keep this a family matter for as long as possible.

“We can only hope you you choose to celebrate Ronnie’s life, and what his music meant to you, rather than mourn his passing.

“Ronnie would have wanted it that way.

“Please keep his energy, his joy and his love in your hearts.”

The guitarist, who was 64 when he took his own life at home, was managed by his wife Lieghsa.

She says: “Ronnie had a difficult childhood which caused him to have extremely deep and damaging feelings of inadequacy. He never thought he was good enough. Now I see he didn’t want to carry these burdens for very much longer.

“I knew I had married an alcoholic – but Ronnie was never anything but loving. He’d always say I got the best version of him, and we were nearly inseparable.”

Leighsa said Montrose did not leave a suicide note, but had texted her to say: “I’m so sorry. Still have the gun in my hand. I’m going on that voyage. I love you beyond measure.”

Ronald Douglas Montrose, who built a reputation as both musician and producer, was born in San Francisco in 1947. He grew up in Colorado, learning guitar, before leaving home at the age of 16 to pursue his dream of becoming a professional musician.

His big break came in 1971 when Van Morrison hired him to play on his album Tupelo Honey. He went on to perform with Boz Scaggs and the Edgar Winter Group, then formed Montrose with future Van Halen frontman Sammy Hagar in 1973. The band released five albums with various line-ups until 1987. Montrose also released eight albums under his own name, along with four as a member of experimental outfit Gamma.

Last year he discussed the possibility of reuniting with Hagar, who now fronts Chickenfoot, saying: “We may do a reunion show for fun – and at this point in our lives it would just be for fun.”

Source : Classicrock
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

MONTROSE Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MONTROSE   MONTROSE EmptyVen 27 Avr - 16:59

Sammy Hagar a demandé à Joe Satriani de se joindre aux côtés des membres originaux de Montrose pour le concert-tribute à Ronnie qui a lieu ce soir.

Sammy asked Joe to join the rest of the original Montrose members for tonight's Ronnie Montrose Official Tribute Concert -- here are a few photos from yesterday's rehearsal. There's no substitute for Ronnie, but the songs are sounding huge and powerful as they should and there will be one happy audience celebrating his memory tonight!

MONTROSE Hagar11
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

MONTROSE Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MONTROSE   MONTROSE EmptyMer 11 Déc - 22:53

Le DVD du concert hommage à Ronnie Montrose doit sortir ces jours-ci.
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

MONTROSE Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MONTROSE   MONTROSE EmptyMar 12 Jan - 10:28

Un concert-hommage aura lieu à Santa Ana en Californie le 23 janvier prochain :

http://www.hennemusic.com/2016/01/ronnie-montrose-memorial-concert.html
Contenu sponsorisé

MONTROSE Empty
MessageSujet: Re: MONTROSE   MONTROSE Empty

MONTROSE
Page 1 sur 1