Led Zeppelin

Un forum sur le grand groupe qu'est Led Zeppelin.

AccueilPortailDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Mascarade ...
Voir le deal

JIM CAPALDI

AuteurMessage
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

Groupe préféré : THIN LIZZY / LED ZEPPELIN / BLACK SABBATH /DEEP PURPLE / AC/DC / WHITESNAKE / UFO

JIM CAPALDI Empty
MessageSujet: JIM CAPALDI   JIM CAPALDI EmptyVen 22 Avr - 3:46

Un coffret 4cd retraçant le parcours de Jim Capaldi , batteur et parolier de Traffic, sortira le 27 juin :

DEAR MR FANTASY: THE JIM CAPALDI STORY 4CD BOX SET DUE

18 April 2011 by Your Way To Music
filed under New Releases - CD's

Leave a comment

Jim Capaldi’s story is one of the last great unexplored tales in popular music. The co-founder, drummer and lyricist of the legendary Traffic, Capaldi was one of the most significant, and possibly underrated, songwriters of our generation. He was a five time winner of BMI or ASCAP awards for most played compositions in America. His work in Traffic, alongside Steve Winwood, Chris Wood and Dave Mason, fuelled a 10 album multi-platinum career for the band and provided a benchmark for other musicians. In 2004, Traffic was inducted into the Rock’n & Roll Hall Of Fame.

But Traffic, although hugely significant, is only part of the story. Jim Capaldi also enjoyed a thirty year solo career and also worked with many other artists. With his gentlemanly demeanour and his embrace of music from all around the world, Capaldi was a true innovator throughout his five decades in rock.

Dear Mr Fantasy tells his story through 61 hand-selected tracks. It provides a superb four-CD overview of the enigmatic vocalist and drummer. Packed with rare photos and essays from writers Andrew Male and Pierre Perrone, it follows his tale from the beat group The Hellions in 1965 through the formation of Traffic and its many incarnations. It features material from his time as a successful solo artist on Island, Polydor, Carerre and Warners throughout the 80s. Capaldi also recorded with many rock greats – from Eric Clapton, to Steve Winwood and George Harrison, and this work is included on Dear Mr Fantasy.

Yet Capaldi’s tale, like many of his recordings, is hidden. He is known for ‘being there’ but many admirers know little more. This beautiful set, overseen by Aninha Capaldi is a musical journey like no other. From the streets of the West Midlands to the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame, Dear Mr Fantasy is a remarkable overview of a remarkable man. Including home demos, the fabulous, unreleased track Love’s Got A Hold Of Me recorded with George Harrison, and a beautiful unreleased 2004 Traffic recording of Dear Mr Fantasy.

This set’s release coincides with the publication of a luxurious book of the same name by Genesis Publications, which features a forward by Jim’s friend and contemporary, Robert Plant which features many of Jim’s handwritten lyrics.

TRACK LISTING:

CD one: Daydreaming of You THE HELIONS / Hallelujah REVOLUTION / Pretty Colours“ DEEP FEELING / Dealer TRAFFIC / Dear Mr. Fantasy TRAFFIC Light Up or Leave Me Alone – TRAFFIC / Rock and Roll Stew TRAFFIC / 40,000 Headmen* / Pearly Queen (live) ERIC CLAPTON & FRIENDS / Tricky Dicky Rides Again / Oh How We Danced / Eve / Don’t Be A Hero / Open Your Heart / How Much Can a Man Really Take / Low Rider / Whale Meat Again

CD Two: It’s All Up to You / Love Hurts / Short Cut Draw Blood / Boy with a Problem / Seagull / You and Me (with Paul Kossoff) / Game of Love / Elixir of Life / Shoe Shine (disco mix) / Hotel Blues / Tabitha / Electric Nights / Wild Geese / Every Man Must March to the Sound of His Own Drum / Man With No Country / Going Home

CD Three: Let the Thunder Cry / Favella Music / Child in the Storm / Warm / Old Photographs / We Don’t Need / Tonight You’re Mine / Living on the Edge / That’s Love / Gifts of Unknown Things / Lost Inside Your Love/ Tales of Power / Warriors of Love / Something So Strong / Oh Lord, Why Lord / Love Used to Be a Friend of Mine / Some Come Running / Living on the Outside

CD Four: Standing in My Light / Anna Julia / Love You ‘til the Day I Die /
State of Grace* / Tallulah* / Humanity (Just Another Checkpoint)* / Bright Fighter* / Strange Bird* / How Do I Get to Heaven* / Loves Got a Hold (with George Harrison)* / Song for George* / The Time of Cholera* / Invaders of the Heart*/Getting Strong*/ Love Will Keep Us Alive* / Dear Mr. Fantasy* (live) TRAFFIC (Recorded at rehearsals for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, New York City 2004)

Due for release on 27 June via Universal
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://led-zeppelin.forumsactifs.com

JIM CAPALDI
Page 1 sur 1