Led Zeppelin

Un forum sur le grand groupe qu'est Led Zeppelin.

AccueilPortailDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Fable ...
Voir le deal

VELVET REVOLVER

AuteurMessage
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

Groupe préféré : THIN LIZZY / LED ZEPPELIN / BLACK SABBATH /DEEP PURPLE / AC/DC / WHITESNAKE / UFO

VELVET REVOLVER Empty
MessageSujet: VELVET REVOLVER   VELVET REVOLVER EmptyVen 30 Déc - 22:19

Velvet Revolver se reformera pour un seul concert avec Scott Weiland au chant à La House Of Blues à West Hollywood le jeudi 12 janvier 2012. Ce concert sera donné en hommage au compositeur de musiques de films John O'Brien décédé le 20 août dernier. Des invités prestigieux tels que Sheryl Crow, Tom Morello et Stephen Stills y sont attendus. A noter par ailleurs que le groupe se doit de trouver un remplaçant à Scott Weiland.

Velvet Revolver are reuniting with vocalist Scott Weiland – but only for one night.

The band will play at the House Of Blues in West Hollywood on Thursday, January 12. It’s for a show being billed Love You Madly: A Concert For John O’Brien. He was a top film and TV composer, found dead at the age of 45 in a Chicago hotel room on August 20 this year

Also on the bill are Sheryl Crow, Tom Morello and Stephen Stills.

Velvet Revolver have yet to find a replacement for Weiland, who left four years ago.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://led-zeppelin.forumsactifs.com
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

Groupe préféré : THIN LIZZY / LED ZEPPELIN / BLACK SABBATH /DEEP PURPLE / AC/DC / WHITESNAKE / UFO

VELVET REVOLVER Empty
MessageSujet: Re: VELVET REVOLVER   VELVET REVOLVER EmptyMar 17 Avr - 12:55

Sortie d'un DVD live le 25 mai prochain :

While the band might currently be on hiatus, Velvet Revolver will have a new live DVD released by Eagle Rock on May 25.

Called Let It Roll – Live In Germany, it was filmed at the Palladium in Cologne during March 2008 and features the line-up of Scott Weiland (vocals), Slash (lead guitar), Dave Kushner (rhythm guitar), Duff McKagan (bass) and Matt Sorum (drums).

Here’s the track listing:

Let It Roll
She Mine
Do It For The Kids
Just Sixteen
Big Machine
American Man
Vasoline
The Last Fight
Interstate Love Song
Patience
She Builds Quick Machines
Get Out The Door
Fall To Pieces
It’s So Easy
Set Me Free
Mr Brownstone
Sex Type Thing
Slither
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

VELVET REVOLVER Empty
MessageSujet: Re: VELVET REVOLVER   VELVET REVOLVER EmptyDim 6 Mai - 14:45

Scott Weiland ne serait pas contre l'idée de rejouer avec ses anciens compagnons et de mener conjointement la carrière de Stone Temple Pilots :

He says that he would juggle Stone Temple Pilots and VR

Weiland revealed to Rolling Stone that he is coming around to the idea of playing with his former Velvet Revolver bandmates again.

"Yeah, I definitely would, some time," says Weiland. "If Maynard [James Keenan] can do it with A Perfect Circle and Tool, then there's no reason why I shouldn't go and do it with both bands."

In the meantime, there should be a new Stone Temple Pilots album at some point in the near future.

"Yeah, I'm sure that will happen," says Weiland. "Although it's odd because we used to tour to promote our records, and now we put out records to promote tours. Which is the way of the world, though."

(Rolling Stone)
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

VELVET REVOLVER Empty
MessageSujet: Re: VELVET REVOLVER   VELVET REVOLVER EmptyJeu 9 Mai - 21:56

Le groupe n'a toujours pas de remplaçant à Scott Weiland au poste de chanteur.

In a new interview with Flint, MI’s Banana 101.5, Slash reveals that Velvet Revolver is still searching for a singer to replace Scott Weiland, who left the band in 2008.

"With Velvet, there's no singer in place, and there hasn't been, but we've been, actually, very quietly been looking for somebody who's right for that band," Slash explained. "But, interestingly enough, I'm playing some shows in South Africa with [fellow former Guns N’ Roses and Velvet Revolver members] Duff [McKagan] and Matt [Sorum], and Glenn Hughes and Sebastian Bach, and that's going to be interesting. It's called Kings Of Chaos, and Duff and Matt and Steve Stevens and Glenn Hughes and Sebastian Bach are the main band, and then they have guys that come up and guest… It's going to be sort of like Velvet Revolver with Sebastian and Glenn Hughes singing."

In late 2010/early 2011, Velvet Revolver recorded demos with Slipknot/Stone Sour singer Corey Taylor, but reports indicated that Slash was unable to commit to adding him to the lineup, and the project was put back on hold as the guitarist continued his endless touring in support of his debut solo album.

Velvet Revolver reunited with Weiland for a four-song set in January 2012 at a Los Angeles tribute concert for late songwriter John O'Brien, but the band has otherwise remained inactive.
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

VELVET REVOLVER Empty
MessageSujet: Re: VELVET REVOLVER   VELVET REVOLVER EmptySam 19 Juil - 8:28

Scott Weiland pense à un éventuel retour dans Velvet Revolver...

Will we ever hear more music from Velvet Revolver? The band ousted frontman Scott Weiland six years ago and has tested out a number of well-known and lesser-known vocalists in the time since, but still have yet to commit to a new singer. Though the group members’ side projects have taken the headlines in recent years, there’s still talk of the band returning at some point.

Scott Weiland recently stirred the pot, telling French Canadian newspaper La Presse, “Velvet Revolver, there is no problem. I even called the guys to propose the idea of doing some shows together in a few months. We are on good terms, but I do not want to be a member of Velvet Revolver full-time. If possible, I would like to only play at festivals, you know, to make easy money.” Weiland added though that money is not a determining factor in a potential reunion as all of the band members have fared well on their own in the years since his exit.

Slash, who had been vocally opposed to Weiland’s return in the past, has softened his stance a wee bit. In a new interview with The Toronto Sun, he stated, “I can see Scott coming back, but I can’t see anybody accepting him. That’s sort of the case. It’s not a big deal and I don’t want to bad mouth Scott or anything. The whole thing is we’re looking for another guy to replace him. It just hasn’t happened. It’s dormant, but there’s activity under the radar.”

Drummer Matt Sorum also addressed the topic in a chat with Radio.com, adding, “I think it’s gotta organically happen. Something’s gotta just pop. I think that’s the kind of band we’ve always been. We really focused on that first album and then the tour and making the second record as well. That kind of just fell into place. It was the right time. We were all up for it. And with the kind of guys that those guys are — Duff and Slash — nothing has ever been too forced.” Sorum added that like the others, he’s taken the time to pursue other projects, but he concludes of a possible return, “I hope that it [happens].”

Read More: Scott Weiland Mulls Velvet Revolver Return, Slash Offers His Take | http://loudwire.com/scott-weiland-velvet-revolver-return-slash-band-still-seeking-replacement/?trackback=tsmclip
Contenu sponsorisé

VELVET REVOLVER Empty
MessageSujet: Re: VELVET REVOLVER   VELVET REVOLVER Empty

VELVET REVOLVER
Page 1 sur 1