Led Zeppelin

Un forum sur le grand groupe qu'est Led Zeppelin.

AccueilPortailDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur ...
Voir le deal
600 €

RORY GALLAGHER

+17
Zokyr
Frise-Poulet
Plc
Sylvie
Ericm
Marcel
Florian
Ronan
Superbip1
Fab the Fab
Alice On Cross
Boris the Spider
Woodie-Mule
Killsark
Percy
Rory Hendrix
Phil
21 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Killsark
Stairway to heaven
Stairway to heaven
Killsark

Emploi/loisirs : adjoint administratif/musique, concerts, animaux, amour, cinéma, football
Groupe préféré : MOTÖRHEAD

RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyMer 13 Mar - 14:57

Whaouh, fantastique, le meilleur concert que j' ai vu dans ma vie, ce mec était aussi gentil et humble que talentueux. Crying or Very sad
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Marcel
Tangerine
Tangerine
Marcel

Groupe préféré : Thin Lizzy/Rory Gallagher Band/Gov't Mule/Whitesnake/Rose Tattoo

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyJeu 14 Mar - 15:01

J'ai eu plusieurs occasions de le rencontrer en backstage, ci-dessous à Ravensburg pres du lac de Constance en decembre 1987
RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 Rory__13
Killsark
Stairway to heaven
Stairway to heaven
Killsark

Emploi/loisirs : adjoint administratif/musique, concerts, animaux, amour, cinéma, football

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyJeu 14 Mar - 15:16

Merci Marcel, je l' ai rencontré deux fois, en 1985 et quelques mois avant sa mort Wink
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

Groupe préféré : THIN LIZZY / LED ZEPPELIN / BLACK SABBATH /DEEP PURPLE / AC/DC / WHITESNAKE / UFO

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyLun 10 Mar - 9:12

https://led-zeppelin.forumsactifs.com
Frise-Poulet
Stairway to heaven
Stairway to heaven
Frise-Poulet

Groupe préféré : Robert et Robert

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyLun 10 Mar - 17:21

Marcel a écrit:
J'ai eu plusieurs occasions de le rencontrer en backstage, ci-dessous à Ravensburg pres du lac de Constance en decembre 1987
RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 Rory__13

Rory et Raspoutine...merci pour cette Photo historique !! cheers cheers cheers 
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

Groupe préféré : THIN LIZZY / LED ZEPPELIN / BLACK SABBATH /DEEP PURPLE / AC/DC / WHITESNAKE / UFO

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyVen 5 Sep - 15:36

Ca sort le 20 octobre :

Irish Tour '74 40th Anniversary Edition

August 26th, 2014

October 20th 2014 will see the 40th anniversary expanded deluxe edition release of one of Rory Gallagher’s most celebrated recordings.

Sony Music / Legacy Recordings is proud to announce the release of Rory Gallagher’s legendary Irish Tour ‘74. The most expansive edition to date, of this landmark album. Featured for the first time on record, all three shows. Packaged in a special deluxe edition 8 disc 10” boxset and including 43 previously unreleased tracks, remastered audio, photos, extensive liner notes, feature length documentary, memorabilia and more.

By 1974 Rory Gallagher had already established a formidable reputation as one of the finest recording artists and exciting live performers of his generation. He was four years in to a successful solo career following his departure from his critically acclaimed outfit, Taste. 1970 to 1974 had produced five albums and an almost continuous schedule of touring, Rory had gone from strength to strength. He was mid way in to what would be the most prolific decade of his career and was at the absolute top of his game. By sad contrast, Gallagher’s homeland and his beloved adopted city, Belfast in particular had taken a battering. The political climate of Northern Ireland in the late 60s/early 70s saw Belfast ripped apart by some of the most devastating violence in the country’s history. By 1973 and the winter of Gallagher’s landmark tour, Belfast was on its knees. Roy Hollingworth, a journalist for Melody Maker in attendance at the Ulster Hall show would describe the city as a shattered, deserted and frightened place. The live music scene was non-existent with all but Gallagher willing to tour during the height of the Troubles tearing the country apart. While his contemporaries turned their back on the city, it was Rory’s refusal to do so that forever won him the hearts of thousands of fans across the country. “I see no reason for not playing Belfast. Kids still live here,” said Gallagher of his decision to repeatedly play in Belfast. And so, Rory and his band, Gerry McAvoy (bass), Rod De’ath (drums) and Lou Martin (keys) returned again in the winter of 1973 for what would become the celebrated Irish Tour. Acclaimed filmmaker Tony Palmer was drafted in to document the tour. Palmer had first met Gallagher six years before in 1968 when Taste supported Cream at their famous farewell show at the Royal Albert Hall. Palmer has been on hand to record the super groups’ final performance but hadn’t failed to notice the extraordinary standout talents of the young Gallagher. When asked to accompany Rory on the Irish tour in the winter of 1973, Palmer seized the opportunity. More than aware of the socio-political situation in the North of the country at the time and Rory’s refusal to be drawn on either side of the argument, Palmer knew ‘this [was] a very interesting proposition’. ‘Rory was at pains to point out he wasn’t active in any sense politically’ Palmer tells us, but felt very strongly that he should be allowed to play both Northern Ireland and the Republic. ‘I don’t want to make a movie with any political content but it will be self evident’ said Gallagher.

Both the Dublin and Cork shows also feature heavily on the subsequent documentary but it was Rory’s dignified but defiant impartial stance in Belfast that helped make this recording such a watershed moment for Rory’s legions of devoted fans.

Irish Tour ’74 was a world class, matchless, blistering live performance. It is one of the greatest live albums of all time. No studio trickery, no overdubs. A truly live album. The stuff of legend. This new deluxe edition features, for the first time on record, each of these iconic shows. Seven albums worth of fully remastered audio including 43 previously unreleased recordings, plus the Tony Palmer directed feature length documentary and large full colour booklet. All presented in deluxe packaging.

“Only he could play the guitar off the fucking planet.” Tony Palmer

“Rory Gallagher brought hope and musical inspiration to his war-torn spiritual hometown of Belfast.”

“It was within the walls of the venue on ‘bomb alley’ that the tender-hearted, soft-spoken, dogged determination and captivating presence of Ireland’s guitar warrior poet and people’s hero found

its fullest flowering.”

“While Ulster teetered towards the brink, Rory’s rock hit with righteous affirmation”

Gavin Martin for Blues Magazine

“I've never seen anything quite so wonderful, so stirring, so uplifting, so joyous as when Gallagher and the band walked on stage. The whole place erupted, they all stood and they cheered and they yelled, and screamed, and they put their arms up, and they embraced. Then as one unit they put their arms into the air and gave peace signs. Without being silly, or overemotional, it was one of the most memorable moments of my life. It all meant something, it meant more than just rock n' roll, it was something bigger, something more valid than just that.” Roy Hollingworth for Melody Maker

“Rory loved Belfast. Just loved it. Anytime we hit the stage after 1971 you were aware that, apart from the odd cabaret turn at the Abercorn (site of a 1972 bomb blast killing two and injuring 130), none of the bigger bands would come back to play Belfast, it was starved of music. Obviously after The Miami Showband tragedy it just got worse. We’re professionals. We play as well as we could wherever we played but it was a special situation in Belfast, something you could never acquire or attain at any other gig.” Gerry McAvoy

Disc 1 & 2

Cork (5th of January 1974)

1. Messin’ With The Kid*

2. Cradle Rock

3. I Wonder Who

4. Tattoo’d Lady

5. Walk On Hot Coals

6. Laundromat*

7. A Million Miles Away

8. Hands Off*

9. Too Much Alcohol

10. As The Crow Flies

11. Pistol Slapper Blues*

12. Unmilitary Two-Step*

13. Bankers Blues*

14. Going To My Hometown*

15. Who’s That Coming

16. In Your Town*

Disc 3 & 4

Dublin (2nd of January 1974)

1. Cradle Rock*

2. Tattoo’d Lady*

3. Hands Off*

4. Walk On Hot Coals*

5. Laundromat*

6. Too Much Alcohol*

7. A Million Miles Away*

8. As The Crow Flies*

9. Pistol Slapper Blues*

10. Bankers Blues*

11. Unmilitary Two-Step*

12. Going To My Hometown*

13. In Your Town*

14. Bullfrog Blues*

Disc 5 & 6

Belfast (29th of December 1973)

1. Messin’ With The Kid*

2. Cradle Rock*

3. I Wonder Who*

4. Tattoo’d Lady*

5. Walk On Hot Coals*

6. Hands Off*

7. A Million Miles Away*

8. Laundromat*

9. As The Crow Flies*

10. Pistol Slapper Blues*

11. Unmilitary Two-Step*

12. Bankers Blues*

13. Going To My Hometown*

14. Who’s That Coming*

15. In Your Town*

16. Bullfrog Blues*

Disc 7

City Hall in Session (3rd of January 1974)

1. Maritime (The Edgar Lustgarden Cut)

2. I Want You / Raunchy Medley*

3. Treat Her Right

4. I Wonder Who*

5. Too Much Alcohol*

6. Just A Little Bit

7. I Can’t Be Satisfied*

8. Acoustic Medley*

9. Back On My Stompin' Ground (After Hours)

10. Stompin’ Ground (Alt version)

Disc 8 (DVD)

The Tony Palmer directed documentary Irish Tour ’74

(courtesy of Eagle Rock Entertainment)

* Previously unreleased

Irish Tour ’74 Expanded Deluxe Edition is available to pre-order now at http://www.myplaydirect.com/rory-gallagher/details/31248639

https://www.facebook.com/IrishTour74

http://www.rorygallagher.com/
Killsark
Stairway to heaven
Stairway to heaven
Killsark

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyLun 8 Sep - 8:38

MIAM cheers RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 60194 RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 201790 RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 577158 RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 37107
Plc
Jimmy Page
Jimmy Page
Plc

Groupe préféré : led zeppelin-allman brothers band-fleetwood mac

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyLun 8 Sep - 16:04

1er passage de Rory à la Tv Française (du temps ou il y avait encore du rock a la télé ......)

Killsark
Stairway to heaven
Stairway to heaven
Killsark

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyMar 9 Sep - 7:25

Incroyable ça, je regarderai la chose ce soir, un GRAND merci camarade RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 4132903001
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyDim 28 Sep - 7:29

Phil a écrit:
Ca sort le 20 octobre :

August 26th, 2014

October 20th 2014 will see the 40th anniversary expanded deluxe edition release of one of Rory Gallagher’s most celebrated recordings.

Sony Music / Legacy Recordings is proud to announce the release of Rory Gallagher’s legendary Irish Tour ‘74.  The most expansive edition to date, of this landmark album.  Featured for the first time on record, all three shows.  Packaged in a special deluxe edition 8 disc 10” boxset and including 43 previously unreleased tracks, remastered audio, photos, extensive liner notes, feature length documentary, memorabilia and more.

By 1974 Rory Gallagher had already established a formidable reputation as one of the finest recording artists and exciting live performers of his generation.  He was four years in to a successful solo career following his departure from his critically acclaimed outfit, Taste.  1970 to 1974 had produced five albums and an almost continuous schedule of touring, Rory had gone from strength to strength.  He was mid way in to what would be the most prolific decade of his career and was at the absolute top of his game.  By sad contrast, Gallagher’s homeland and his beloved adopted city, Belfast in particular had taken a battering.  The political climate of Northern Ireland in the late 60s/early 70s saw Belfast ripped apart by some of the most devastating violence in the country’s history.  By 1973 and the winter of Gallagher’s landmark tour, Belfast was on its knees.  Roy Hollingworth, a journalist for Melody Maker in attendance at the Ulster Hall show would describe the city as a shattered, deserted and frightened place. The live music scene was non-existent with all but Gallagher willing to tour during the height of the Troubles tearing the country apart.  While his contemporaries turned their back on the city, it was Rory’s refusal to do so that forever won him the hearts of thousands of fans across the country.  “I see no reason for not playing Belfast. Kids still live here,” said Gallagher of his decision to repeatedly play in Belfast.  And so, Rory and his band, Gerry McAvoy (bass), Rod De’ath (drums) and Lou Martin (keys) returned again in the winter of 1973 for what would become the celebrated Irish Tour.  Acclaimed filmmaker Tony Palmer was drafted in to document the tour.  Palmer had first met Gallagher six years before in 1968 when Taste supported Cream at their famous farewell show at the Royal Albert Hall.  Palmer has been on hand to record the super groups’ final performance but hadn’t failed to notice the extraordinary standout talents of the young Gallagher.  When asked to accompany Rory on the Irish tour in the winter of 1973, Palmer seized the opportunity.  More than aware of the socio-political situation in the North of the country at the time and Rory’s refusal to be drawn on either side of the argument, Palmer knew ‘this [was] a very interesting proposition’.  ‘Rory was at pains to point out he wasn’t active in any sense politically’ Palmer tells us, but felt very strongly that he should be allowed to play both Northern Ireland and the Republic.  ‘I don’t want to make a movie with any political content but it will be self evident’ said Gallagher.  

Both the Dublin and Cork shows also feature heavily on the subsequent documentary but it was Rory’s dignified but defiant impartial stance in Belfast that helped make this recording such a watershed moment for Rory’s legions of devoted fans.

Irish Tour ’74 was a world class, matchless, blistering live performance.  It is one of the greatest live albums of all time.  No studio trickery, no overdubs.  A truly live album. The stuff of legend.  This new deluxe edition features, for the first time on record, each of these iconic shows. Seven albums worth of fully remastered audio including 43 previously unreleased recordings, plus the Tony Palmer directed feature length documentary and large full colour booklet.  All presented in deluxe packaging.

“Rory Gallagher brought hope and musical inspiration to his war-torn spiritual hometown of Belfast.”

“It was within the walls of the venue on ‘bomb alley’ that the tender-hearted, soft-spoken, dogged determination and captivating presence of Ireland’s guitar warrior poet and people’s hero found

its fullest flowering.”

“While Ulster teetered towards the brink, Rory’s rock hit with righteous affirmation”

“I've never seen anything quite so wonderful, so stirring, so uplifting, so joyous as when Gallagher and the band walked on stage. The whole place erupted, they all stood and they cheered and they yelled, and screamed, and they put their arms up, and they embraced. Then as one unit they put their arms into the air and gave peace signs. Without being silly, or overemotional, it was one of the most memorable moments of my life. It all meant something, it meant more than just rock n' roll, it was something bigger, something more valid than just that.”  Roy Hollingworth for Melody Maker

“Rory loved Belfast.  Just loved it.  Anytime we hit the stage after 1971 you were aware that, apart from the odd cabaret turn at the Abercorn (site of a 1972 bomb blast killing two and injuring 130), none of the bigger bands would come back to play Belfast, it was starved of music. Obviously after The Miami Showband tragedy it just got worse. We’re professionals. We play as well as we could wherever we played but it was a special situation in Belfast, something you could never acquire or attain at any other gig.”  Gerry McAvoy

Disc 1 & 2

1. Messin’ With The Kid*

2. Cradle Rock

3. I Wonder Who

4. Tattoo’d Lady

5. Walk On Hot Coals

6. Laundromat*

7. A Million Miles Away

8. Hands Off*

9. Too Much Alcohol

10. As The Crow Flies

12. Unmilitary Two-Step*

13. Bankers Blues*

15. Who’s That Coming

16. In Your Town*

Disc 3 & 4

1. Cradle Rock*

2. Tattoo’d Lady*

3. Hands Off*

4. Walk On Hot Coals*

5. Laundromat*

6. Too Much Alcohol*

7. A Million Miles Away*

8. As The Crow Flies*

9. Pistol Slapper Blues*

10. Bankers Blues*

11. Unmilitary Two-Step*

13. In Your Town*

14. Bullfrog Blues*

Disc 5 & 6

1. Messin’ With The Kid*

2. Cradle Rock*

3. I Wonder Who*

4. Tattoo’d Lady*

5. Walk On Hot Coals*

6. Hands Off*

7. A Million Miles Away*

8. Laundromat*

9. As The Crow Flies*

11. Unmilitary Two-Step*

12. Bankers Blues*

14. Who’s That Coming*

15. In Your Town*

16. Bullfrog Blues*

Disc 7

2. I Want You  / Raunchy Medley*

3. Treat Her Right

4. I Wonder Who*

5. Too Much Alcohol*

6. Just A Little Bit

7. I Can’t Be Satisfied*

8. Acoustic Medley*

Disc 8 (DVD)

* Previously unreleased

Irish Tour ’74 Expanded Deluxe Edition is available to pre-order now at  http://www.myplaydirect.com/rory-gallagher/details/31248639

RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 Rory110
Killsark
Stairway to heaven
Stairway to heaven
Killsark

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyLun 29 Sep - 8:26

MIAM MIAM
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyLun 29 Sep - 8:58

RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 Dsc07318
L'Ulster Hall où a été enregistrée une partie de ce live mythique.
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyDim 19 Oct - 12:37

Un message de Chino, administrateur du RGF (Rory Gallagher Forum) :

"En conclusion, il est assez compliqué de juger objectivement ce coffret 40th anniversary, tant les attentes étaient importantes.

En tout cas, l'album IT'74 n'est pas surpassé par ce boxst: l'album reste indispensable, et plus facile d'accès.

Au passage, ce box montre que Rory, Donal et Robin Sylvester ont été très clairvoyants dans la sélection des titres pour l'album.

Les points forts:

1/ Un packaging sympa à mon goût, un livret correct avec quelques belles photos et à un prix raisonnable;

2/ la volonté et l'intention louables de réunir à la fois le matériel ayant donné lieu à l'album IT'74 et au film de Tony Palmer.

3/ La présence du film de Tony Palmer (DVD)

4/ le concert de Cork, (Cds 1 & 2) avec 8 inédits de très haute volée, dont la publication officielle est à saluer

5/ Le CD7 avec la session et 3 inédits sur 5 qui sont excdellents. Là encore, la publication intéressante de cette session est un vrai plus.

Les points faibles:

1/ L'inversion entre les 2 derniers titres du CD7 (voir mon post précédent);

2/ Il aurait été souhaitable d'inclure l'album IT'74;

3/ Le GROS bémol: bien qu'il était impossible de restaurer mieux ces bandes (l'enregsitrement original du concert de Belfast étant lui-même défectueux, donc on ne peut pas faire de miracle, le vrai aspect criticable de cette publication, c'est le fait que n'est annoncé nulle part que les enregsitrements des CDs 3 & 4 et surtout 4 & 5 sont moyens.

il est indiqué "des enregistrements remasterisés (...) , 7 albums remasterisés". Ce qui n'est pas mensonger, mais plutôt trompeur: en effet, quand on lit albums remasterisés, on comprend SBD en superbe qualité, et ça n'est pas le cas, et la déception risque pour beaucoup d'être à la hauteur des attentes.

Pour ma part, je suis plutôt satisfait globalement: je n'avais pas racheté la version remasterisé du DVD, j'ai le concert de Cork avec les inédits, le concert de Dublin passe quand même. Je considère donc le concert de Belfast comme un bonus, mais je ne suis pas le mieux placé pour juger objectivement en tant que collectionneur.

Je ne pense pas qu'on pouvait faire mieux (si ce n'est d'inclure l'album IT'74). Je regrette juste que l'acheteur ne soit pas prévenu de la qualité sonore..."
Zokyr
Communication Breakdown
Communication Breakdown
Zokyr

Groupe préféré : Led Zep, Motorhead, The Beatles !

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyMer 22 Oct - 15:18

Je viens de le commander RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 17900

Mais je ne m’étais pas trop renseigné sur la qualité sonore comme le dit le gars dans le message !!

J’espère ne pas être déçu quand même  What a Face .

Si d'autres personne qui ont ce coffret peuvent témoigner de la qualité sonore ? Smile

Edit: J'ai trouvé la réponse sur le forum de Chino Wink
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyMer 22 Oct - 18:40

Pour ce qui me concerne, j'ai écouté les concerts de Cork et de Dublin. Ce dernier est très brut de pomme mais ô combien efficace en termes de prestation et puis il y a un public particulièrement chaud qui soutient l'Irlandais avec conviction.
Zokyr
Communication Breakdown
Communication Breakdown
Zokyr

Groupe préféré : Led Zep, Motorhead, The Beatles !

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyVen 24 Oct - 10:03

Merci beaucoup pour ton avis RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 37107

J'ai plus qu'à attendre de pouvoir écouter tout ça !

Et je viens de voir que l'album irish tour 74 n'y est pas inclus RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 307685

Ah, achats compulsifs qu'ont tu nous tiens... :bave2:
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyDim 16 Nov - 12:35

J'avais oublié ça :

Irish Tour '74 40th Ann. Vinyl
OCTOBER 28TH, 2014
We're very happy to announce that a triple gatefold vinyl version of Irish Tour '74.. 40th Anniversary edition is set for release on the 24th of November 2014. It can be pre-ordered HERE.
Details:
• 180 gram audiophile vinyl
• Triple gatefold sleeve
• 16-page booklet
• 40th Anniversary Edition
• Includes 8 previously unreleased tracks *
• Remastered audio
2014 will see the 40th anniversary expanded reissue of one of Rory Gallagher's finest live recordings.
Recorded over 3 live shows in Dublin, Cork and Belfast at the height of the troubles tearing the country apart, Rory's legion of loyal fans continue to turn out in force. The resulting album, the legendary Irish Tour '74 went on to become one of Gallagher's most celebrated records and established him as a truly world class performer.
40 years and over 2.500.000 copies later, Irish Tour is now the subject of the most expansive reissue to date. Including 8 previously unreleased bonus tracks, all fully remastered, photos, extensive liner notes, memorabilia and much more.
Tracklisting
Side A
1. Messin’ With The Kid*
2. Cradle Rock
3. I Wonder Who
Side B
1. Tattoo’d Lady
2. Walk On Hot Coals
3. Laundromat*
Side C
1. A Million Miles Away
2. Hands Off*
Side D
1. Too Much Alcohol
2. As The Crow Flies
3. Pistol Slapper Blues*
4. Unmilitary Two-Step*
5. Bankers Blues*
Side E
1. Going To My Hometown*
2. Who’s That Coming
Side F
1. In Your Town *

RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 Rory_l10
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyMar 4 Aoû - 7:22

Sortie le 14 août :

RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 Rory411

Disc 1 :

1. Messin' With The Kid
2. Cradle Rock/ Just a Little Bit
3. I Wonder Who
4. Tattoo'd Lady
5. Walk On Hot Coals
6. A Million Miles Away
7. Hands Off
8. Laundromat
9. All Around Man
10. Too Much Alcohol

Disc 2 :

1. Pistol Slapper Blues
2. Goin To My Hometown
3. Who's That Coming
4. Bullfrog Blues
5. Livin Like A Trucker

Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyVen 7 Avr - 9:10

Alors que cette année le rock n roll et la Fender Stratocaster fêtent de paire leurs 60ème anniversaire et vu le nombre incroyable de grands guitaristes qui en ont fait leur sabre de bataille entre celles de Jimy Hendrix, de Hank Marvin, de Buddy Holly, de Clapton , de Jeff Beck, etc… Difficile de dire laquelle est devenue la plus mythique.

Néanmoins, parmi toutes ces Strats légendaires et marquées par des heures, que dis-je, des années de concerts, et qui ont laissé leur trace dans les annales de la guitare électrique, celle de Rory Gallagher est indiscutablement une des plus emblématiques.

Usée jusqu’au bois comme un vieux crayon ayant subi des heures d’utilisation, cette Stratocaster de 1961 est le symbole même de la guitare ayant réellement vécu. Jouée jusqu’à l’usure, ayant voyagé partout et pas toujours de manière sécurisée, elle représente par son seul aspect ce qu’a été la musique et la vie du guitariste irlandais.

Tout comence en 1963, Rory alors agé de 15 ans est toujours à l’école et rejoint, en tant que semi-professionnel, un groupe de bal du nom de "Showband Fontana ". Un jour, après être passé devant la vitrine du magasin Crowley Music Centre, il persuade son frère Donal de venir avec lui voir une guitare qu’il a aperçu en exposition et qui selon ses mots est : " la même guitare que Buddy Holly ". Ce qui s’avère être une Stratocaster finition Sunburst de 1961, frappée du numéro de série 64351 est une occasion, une seconde main dont l’étiquette affiche seulement 100 £.

L’origine de cette guitare est en fait issue d’une commande réalisée par un musicien du nom de Jim Conlon qui officiait lui aussi dans un groupe de bal réputé pour l’époque et baptisé "Royal Showband". Après 3 mois de délais de livraison, ce dernier la reçoit, mais la couleur ne lui plait pas. En effet, Jim Conlon la désirait en rouge comme celle de Hank Marvin, le guitarsite des Shadows . Attendant désormais qu’une nouvelle guitare rouge lui soit livrée, Jim Conlon jouera tout de même avec durant les 3 autres mois qui suivront, et c’est pourquoi ce premier modèle sera vendu ensuite comme occasion.

Lorsque Rory Gallagher l’achete, donc en 1963, il ne s’agit pas seulement de la première Stratocaster que voit le jeune guitariste, mais aussi de la première Strat importée en Irlande.

A partir de ce moment là, le cours de l’histoire de la guitare est en train de changer : Rory Gallagher et cette Strat négligée produiront ensemble des blues rugueux, les plus âpres et les plus intenses qu’ait connu l’Irlande. De plus rappelons qu’à cette époque Fender gagne enfin ses lettres de noblesses dans un monde de blues-rock qui à ce moment là était encore dominé par Gibson.

Rory Gallagher, qui aujourd’hui est quasiment hissé au rang d'un dieu dans son Irlande natale, après l’épisode bal avec " Showband Fontana " qui changera de nom pour " Impact Fontana " en 1965, va se lancer au fur et à mesure dans une nouvelle aventure. Celle de Taste entre 1967 et 1970 et tout naturellement, en compagnie de sa Fender Stratocaster de 1961.

Outre sa peinture écailée et presque totalement disparue, montrant combien le guitariste sue sang et eau en jouant dessus chaque soir, ce qui est aussi le sort reservé aux instruments utilisés quotidiennement, cette dernière se verra plusieurs fois modifier dans le cours de sa carrière.

Ainsi, ses mécaniques seront changées et de façon dépareillée, avec cinq mécaniques de marque Spertzel et une de marque Gotoh pour la corde de Mi grave, un des repères du manche qui d’origine était en nacre à la douzième case sera remplacé par un semblable, mais en plastique. Le guitariste irlandais fera également changer plusieurs fois les micros, mais reviendra aux originaux en les faisant entièrement rebobiner.

Toutes ces réparations et modifications sont systématiquement faites dans l’urgence et par pure nécessite car Rory Gallagher utilisera quotidiennement cette guitare pendant toute sa carrière.

Mais en dehors de ces multiples interventions techniques, la particularité la plus spectaculaire reste la disparition quasi totale de la finition sunburst qui la recouvrait à l’origine. Ce look usé en diable ne tient pas seulement au fait d’avoir été utilisée intensivement des années durant.

A cela, plusieurs raisons s’offrent à nous :

Tout d’abord parce qu’elle est restée plusieurs jours sous la pluie dans un fossé après avoir été volé à Dublin à la fin d’un concert de Taste, mais l’autre raison qui est avancée par Donal le frère de Rory Gallagher qui possède aujourd’hui cette guitare mythique, est que le groupe sanguin particulier du guitariste provoquait des suées très acides. Et vu l’intensité de ses concerts Rory suait beaucoup, d’ailleurs si il avait été écossais, on aurait pu parler de douche, et au final c’est le vernis de la Strat qui en quelque sorte, en payait le prix.

Un soir, le guitariste irlandais a même dû démonter le manche après un set particulièrement intense afin de le sécher, car, du fait du vernis nitrocellulosique disparu, sa transpiration avait pénétré et risquait de faire gonfler, ou pire, carrément faire vriller ce manche en érable.

Aujourd’hui encore, une légende rapporte que les guitares au bois nu ou avec un vernis très fin sonnent autrement mieux car le bois, non étouffé sous le vernis, résonne d’autant plus clairement.

Cette théorie semble réelle cependant, c’est oublier un peu rapidement le son unique, le génie et le jeu diabolique de Rory Gallagher, avec ou sans vernis.

Outre sa mythique Fender Stratocaster de 1961, Rory Gallagher possédait cependant un autre modèle datant celui-ci de 1957, également habillé de la teinte sunburst mais en meilleur état que son modèle fétiche et qui fut acheté dans le but d’être une guitare de secours mais qui fut aussi beaucoup utilisé en studio.

Parmi ses multiples instruments, on peut noter également d’autre Fender comme par exemple une Télécaster, ou encore deux autres presque semblables à savoir, une Duo-Sonic et une Musicmaster. Quelques Gibson telles qu’une Les Paul Junior de 1958 portant le numéro de série 84374, ou une Melody Maker de 1960.

Une Gretsch Corvette de 1957, une Burns Bison Guitar, un Coral Electric Sitar, et une Danelectro Silvertone utilisée notamment sur " A Million Miles Away ".

Outre sa mythique Fender Stratocaster de 1961, Rory Gallagher possédait cependant un autre modèle datant celui-ci de 1957, également habillé de la teinte sunburst mais en meilleur état que son modèle fétiche et qui fut acheté dans le but d’être une guitare de secours mais qui fut aussi beaucoup utilisé en studio.

Parmi ses multiples instruments, on peut noter également d’autre Fender comme par exemple une Télécaster, ou encore deux autres presque semblables à savoir, une Duo-Sonic et une Musicmaster. Quelques Gibson telles qu’une Les Paul Junior de 1958 portant le numéro de série 84374, ou une Melody Maker de 1960.

Une Gretsch Corvette de 1957, une Burns Bison Guitar, un Coral Electric Sitar, et une Danelectro Silvertone utilisée notamment sur " A Million Miles Away ".

Côté acoustique, ce n’est pas mal non plus avec une Martin D-35, une Martin Mandoline, une Takamine, une Stella Harmony, et enfin une guitare à résonateur National Duolian de 1932 avec un aspect très rustique et qu’il utilisait surtout en slide.

Pour l’amplification malgré l’utilisation de plusieurs amplis Fender dont des Bassman, plusieurs Marshall ou Ampeg, le son de Rory Gallagher venait surtout du célèbre Vox AC 30 auquel il rajoutait, comme Brian May de Queen, un Treble Booster Rangemaster, et plusieurs pédales d’effets allant de la célèbre Tube Scream TS 808 d’Ibanez, au Hawk Booster pour les Bassman, en passant par un Octaver, un phaser MXR, ou un compresseur toujours de chez MXR.

Mais la star absolue reste bien entendu sa Strat de 1961. Mike Elder, le patron du Fender Custom Shop, qui eut la chance d’expertiser cette guitare afin de créer une série en hommage au guitariste Irlandais, a raconté que pas mal de changements avaient été effectués dans les entrailles de l’instrument.

"Je ne vous cache pas que l’intérieur est un peu ravagé, déclarait le technicien dans Strat Colletor aux débuts des années 2000. Une partie du bois est arrachée et remplacée, le câblage erratique retenu par des bouts de ruban adhésif laisse penser que tout a été fait dans l’urgence, bref un vrai carnage". Ensuite, Fender en fabriqua initialement 40 exemplaires pour être vendus en Europe mais vu la demande massive qui suivit, la production continue encore aujourd’hui et tourne aux alentours des 3400 € pour un exemplaire.

Une coquette somme à laquelle il faudra ajouter des heures de pratiques pour tenter d’atteindre le style unique de Rory Gallagher. Ce style si particulier basé sur des riffs puissants et des solos nerveux, allait de pair avec sa gentillesse et ont fait de lui LA légende du blues irlandais.

Eric Clapton a dit de lui : " C’est l’homme qui m’a ramené au blues! "

Mêmes éloges du côté de ses compatriotes The Edge de U2, de Jimmy Page et de Slash. Quant à Jimi Hendrix, il répondra simplement à un journaliste qui lui demanda un jour ce que cela fait d’être le meilleur guitariste du monde : " Je n’en sais rien?... Demandez donc à Rory Gallagher! "

Le 14 juin prochain, cela fera 19 ans que Rory Gallagher est décédé, suite à des complications d’une greffe du foie, et sa guitare mythique reste indissociable de ce très grand guitariste qui disait d’elle : " C’est une part de moi-même ".

Source : Rédaction RTBF
le mardi 03 juin 2014 à 22h05
Killsark
Stairway to heaven
Stairway to heaven
Killsark

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyVen 7 Avr - 9:42

cheers Merci Phil
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyLun 10 Juil - 8:02

Saarbrücken 1979 Germany
Ben-J
Immigrant Song
Immigrant Song
Ben-J

Groupe préféré : led zeppelin

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyLun 10 Juil - 8:25

Phil a écrit:
Phil a écrit:
Ca sort le 20 octobre :

August 26th, 2014

Sony Music / Legacy Recordings is proud to announce the release of Rory Gallagher’s legendary Irish Tour ‘74.  The most expansive edition to date, of this landmark album.  Featured for the first time on record, all three shows.  Packaged in a special deluxe edition 8 disc 10” boxset and including 43 previously unreleased tracks, remastered audio, photos, extensive liner notes, feature length documentary, memorabilia and more.

By 1974 Rory Gallagher had already established a formidable reputation as one of the finest recording artists and exciting live performers of his generation.  He was four years in to a successful solo career following his departure from his critically acclaimed outfit, Taste.  1970 to 1974 had produced five albums and an almost continuous schedule of touring, Rory had gone from strength to strength.  He was mid way in to what would be the most prolific decade of his career and was at the absolute top of his game.  By sad contrast, Gallagher’s homeland and his beloved adopted city, Belfast in particular had taken a battering.  The political climate of Northern Ireland in the late 60s/early 70s saw Belfast ripped apart by some of the most devastating violence in the country’s history.  By 1973 and the winter of Gallagher’s landmark tour, Belfast was on its knees.  Roy Hollingworth, a journalist for Melody Maker in attendance at the Ulster Hall show would describe the city as a shattered, deserted and frightened place. The live music scene was non-existent with all but Gallagher willing to tour during the height of the Troubles tearing the country apart.  While his contemporaries turned their back on the city, it was Rory’s refusal to do so that forever won him the hearts of thousands of fans across the country.  “I see no reason for not playing Belfast. Kids still live here,” said Gallagher of his decision to repeatedly play in Belfast.  And so, Rory and his band, Gerry McAvoy (bass), Rod De’ath (drums) and Lou Martin (keys) returned again in the winter of 1973 for what would become the celebrated Irish Tour.  Acclaimed filmmaker Tony Palmer was drafted in to document the tour.  Palmer had first met Gallagher six years before in 1968 when Taste supported Cream at their famous farewell show at the Royal Albert Hall.  Palmer has been on hand to record the super groups’ final performance but hadn’t failed to notice the extraordinary standout talents of the young Gallagher.  When asked to accompany Rory on the Irish tour in the winter of 1973, Palmer seized the opportunity.  More than aware of the socio-political situation in the North of the country at the time and Rory’s refusal to be drawn on either side of the argument, Palmer knew ‘this [was] a very interesting proposition’.  ‘Rory was at pains to point out he wasn’t active in any sense politically’ Palmer tells us, but felt very strongly that he should be allowed to play both Northern Ireland and the Republic.  ‘I don’t want to make a movie with any political content but it will be self evident’ said Gallagher.  

Irish Tour ’74 was a world class, matchless, blistering live performance.  It is one of the greatest live albums of all time.  No studio trickery, no overdubs.  A truly live album. The stuff of legend.  This new deluxe edition features, for the first time on record, each of these iconic shows. Seven albums worth of fully remastered audio including 43 previously unreleased recordings, plus the Tony Palmer directed feature length documentary and large full colour booklet.  All presented in deluxe packaging.

its fullest flowering.”

“I've never seen anything quite so wonderful, so stirring, so uplifting, so joyous as when Gallagher and the band walked on stage. The whole place erupted, they all stood and they cheered and they yelled, and screamed, and they put their arms up, and they embraced. Then as one unit they put their arms into the air and gave peace signs. Without being silly, or overemotional, it was one of the most memorable moments of my life. It all meant something, it meant more than just rock n' roll, it was something bigger, something more valid than just that.”  Roy Hollingworth for Melody Maker

“Rory loved Belfast.  Just loved it.  Anytime we hit the stage after 1971 you were aware that, apart from the odd cabaret turn at the Abercorn (site of a 1972 bomb blast killing two and injuring 130), none of the bigger bands would come back to play Belfast, it was starved of music. Obviously after The Miami Showband tragedy it just got worse. We’re professionals. We play as well as we could wherever we played but it was a special situation in Belfast, something you could never acquire or attain at any other gig.”  Gerry McAvoy

Disc 1 & 2

1. Messin’ With The Kid*

2. Cradle Rock

3. I Wonder Who

4. Tattoo’d Lady

5. Walk On Hot Coals

6. Laundromat*

7. A Million Miles Away

8. Hands Off*

9. Too Much Alcohol

10. As The Crow Flies

12. Unmilitary Two-Step*

13. Bankers Blues*

15. Who’s That Coming

16. In Your Town*

Disc 3 & 4

1. Cradle Rock*

2. Tattoo’d Lady*

3. Hands Off*

4. Walk On Hot Coals*

5. Laundromat*

6. Too Much Alcohol*

7. A Million Miles Away*

8. As The Crow Flies*

9. Pistol Slapper Blues*

10. Bankers Blues*

11. Unmilitary Two-Step*

13. In Your Town*

14. Bullfrog Blues*

Disc 5 & 6

1. Messin’ With The Kid*

2. Cradle Rock*

3. I Wonder Who*

4. Tattoo’d Lady*

5. Walk On Hot Coals*

6. Hands Off*

7. A Million Miles Away*

8. Laundromat*

9. As The Crow Flies*

11. Unmilitary Two-Step*

12. Bankers Blues*

14. Who’s That Coming*

15. In Your Town*

16. Bullfrog Blues*

Disc 7

2. I Want You  / Raunchy Medley*

3. Treat Her Right

4. I Wonder Who*

5. Too Much Alcohol*

6. Just A Little Bit

7. I Can’t Be Satisfied*

8. Acoustic Medley*

Disc 8 (DVD)

* Previously unreleased

Irish Tour ’74 Expanded Deluxe Edition is available to pre-order now at  http://www.myplaydirect.com/rory-gallagher/details/31248639

Tu me rappel que je dois voir le DVD .
Pour le son des deux derniers , si ma mémoire est bonne , c'est pas si dégueu que ça.
Pour l'album irish tour j'ai la version cd (malheureusement incomplète) et le vinyle d'époque donc je suis plutôt content qu'il n'ai pas inclus le live irish tour . RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 653297
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyJeu 7 Sep - 16:43

Retrouvé chez Moman Phil... Laughing

RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 Dsc00212

RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 Dsc00213

RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 Dsc00215

RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 Dsc00211

RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 Dsc00214
Killsark
Stairway to heaven
Stairway to heaven
Killsark

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyVen 8 Sep - 8:23

Merci mon Penchou, lu à l' époque Wink
Put... 35 ans déjà Neutral
Phil
Admin
Admin
Phil

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 EmptyLun 18 Sep - 14:09

Une photo de Rory avec sa maman :

RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 Rory310
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: RORY GALLAGHER   RORY GALLAGHER - Page 4 Empty

RORY GALLAGHER
Page 4 sur 7Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivant